Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's wedding season!

OK, well the new blog has been put on hold, obviously. As much as I do know about computers, I have learned there is A LOT I don't know. I KNOW I can, and WANT do this project on my own without having my web designer do it, but I do accept that I need some help. I have a willing friend who has offered, but finding time during wedding season for both of us is going to be difficult.

In the mean time, we had 2 June weddings and getting ready for July and August has been a task! Thankfully, I have some awesome brides, mothers, vendors, etc that make my job not as difficult as it could be.

I wanted to take a minute to talk about our June 18th Reception for Bronze and Thomas. It was such a great party (if I do say so myself)! The week before, Bronze and Thomas took their family and closest friends to San Juan, Puerto Rico, to witness their marriage on the beautiful beach. (I was a little sad I couldn't be on that trip!)
Naturally, they wanted to have an at-home reception for everyone that wasn't in attendance in Puerto Rico. Bronze decided to use the Terrace at the Kress Building downtown (where the Wiggins, Childs, Quinn, &Pantazis law firm is located). This is a GREAT party spot. There is a large built in bar, full kitchen, 2 large screen tv's, lounge furniture, tables and chairs- all provided for you. It has a large inside area, but also a good size terrace- even with a bocce ball court! This provided awesome views and a place for the guests to enjoy the nice evening outside.
Backstage florist did the centerpieces- fun, sparkly, vibrant colors with "L's" (for their new last name). They also built a photo backdrop where guests were able to take pictures with the Bride and Groom. It was great! Food was very tasty, provided by Chef Darvin and yours truly tended bar (that's what i'm here for, to help out where needed!). I had fun and enjoyed a change of scenery. And then, another future bride and groom showed up as guests of the party! That was fun to see them and I didn't even know they were friends with each other!

Here are some photos that I took with my little point- and shoot- nothing great, but will give you an idea of the space.








Next weekend, we will be at The Club- Looking forward to celebrating with Haley and Rett. Can't wait to show you pictures- It's going to be gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment