Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to business!

I wanted to take a quick second to let you know what has been going on in my life and the reason why I have neglected this blog!!
About 6 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Celiac disease- which means my body rejects anything with gluten in the ingredients. Gluten is the substance that holds stuff together, found in wheat, barley, and rye. It is mainly used in wheat flour. It breaks down your small intestine, not allowing any nutrients to be ingested in your system. From what I can tell, I have been suffering from this for about 2 1/2 years. That is when my symptoms began and just got worse and worse. For the past 3 or 4 months before I was diagnosed, I was pretty miserable a lot. I was nauseous pretty much every time I ate and I had ZERO energy. Not to mention the ridiculous mess that was going on in my intestines! I was basically doing what I HAD to do- what was necessary for my business. I slept any second that I could and most of the time laid on the couch I was home. I just had no drive to do anything I didn't have to do. After a trip with my mom, where she could see how I actually felt (sick after meals), we decided it was time to see a doctor. After an endoscopy and a biopsy, the doctor was pretty sure it was Celiac disease. A week later, it was confirmed by a blood test. That day I tried to start a Gluten-free diet. I was miserable, again. Hungry, had no idea what I couldn't eat and what I should eat. I have learned a lot (see my new blog dedicated to being gluten free), and I am feeling much better. I don't think I'm completely well (however I'm not sure what that really feels like), but on the path for sure. I am taking a lot of vitamins and eating healthy foods.
During all this time, I was having a BUSY wedding season!! I need to catch up the blog on about all my weddings this year!!!! So I am dedicating these next few weeks to catching up on all that =)


No comments:

Post a Comment